Wednesday, July 28, 2010

New find....(well, new to me!)

I'm probably a little late in the game here, but when I was at PathMark with my son, I spotted this -



Special K Protien water mix! Now, I'm not saying that protien and fiber should mostly come from what you drink - I do believe it should come from what you eat. But, being I know that I don't get enough of either during the day, and I hate drinking water, and will only drink water that has been flavored, I figured it can't hurt to try it. Not as a replacement for what I should be eating, but just a little extra of what my body needs on this journey. It does add 30 calories to the water, but no fat and 5 g's each of protein and fiber! :) I wish I was one of those who loved water - the teacher I worked with last year would drink at least three 16 oz bottles during the day - and that's just what she drank at work!! So, if flavoring my water helps me get it in, I'm all for it. I tried the pink lemonade and it's great - expensive, though, so I would look for sales or online for better prices. Normally I don't use the whole packet when flavoring water but with this I did (though they are triple the size of the 4C one's I normally use) and it's perfect!!

In addition to that, I also purchased the Special K chocolate delight cereal. I've mentioned before that late night snacking is a huge downfall for me and I also have a major (MAJOR) sweet tooth. I'm going to try this cereal when I get the late night munchies - not with milk, though. Just a serving to snack on while reading or watching TV and the urges hit! :)



hmmmm...just read some reviews of this cereal and they weren't very promising. Well, I'll try it tonight and post how I like it tomorrow! Stay tuned.... :)

Now on to get dinner ready - tonight we're having grilled thin sliced chicken breasts marinated in a lite honey mustard salad dressing. :) Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Let me know how the water stuff tastes, like you I don't drink enough water and drink too much soda!!!

    Dinner tonight isn't the greatest but will watch portion control! Kielbsa dogs, sauerkraut and beans.......nice combo, I know. Not sure about walking, it's hot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked it - it was no different than Crystal Light, etc. But, I did get the lemonade flavor, so whatever brand it is, I can only drink it when it's ice cold (that's just me). So, as it would get warm, I would have to stick it back in the fridge, so I never ended up finishing it. I'm pathetic - it should be a no-brainer to get your water in!!

    ReplyDelete