Friday, September 24, 2010

TGI... OH WHAT'S THE USE TODAY

So, yesterday we had our "Birthday Luncheon" at work, which makes it very hard to be good. I started at the end of the table, doing well by taking 1/2 a plate of salad (dressing already on it, but what can you do). But, as I moved down things got worse and worse... ziti parm (took a little), chicken piccatta (small piece), eggplant something cheesey (took a small little square), 1 meatball. I didn't even take a roll! So , I thought I was doing OK. THEN came the Coldstone ice cream cake. Well, that was a small piece as well (splitting 1 cake between 40 people tends to do that). But still...

So then, we went right to the grocery store after work (did VERY well there, for the most part. Eric on the other hand...). It seemed like a good idea, but that prolonged dinner (and I was REALLY excited to make my spaghetti squash). So, when we got home it turned into "rush and find something." I did ok there too, with chopped veggies. But... afterward is a different story. I SWEAR those apple cider donuts were taunting me. I had to shut them up by eating them. GRRRRRRR!

And, to make matters worse, I didn't do the elliptical. Now, this was the first night after doing it 3 in a row, so the break was deserved. But, I am completely attributing the lack of exercise to eating crappily. When I know I am getting on there, I know that I should be eating healthy to go with it (down 3 lbs since Monday, BTW!). But last night, knowing I wasn't going on didn't make me think to be healthy. There is a major change I need to make!

Fast forward to today... Up .2lbs from yesterday after eating junk. Not horrible. Of course, I am trying to be better today. I am a little disappointed in myself as I have already consumed an approximate 20 pts. But, there is still the rest of the day to be better. AND, I am getting on that elliptical tonight if it kills me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment