Thursday, August 5, 2010

A good day....

Yesterday was a really good day - I wish I could always be so on track. Breakfast was a 100 cal Hostess coffee cake early in the morning, with Cheerios and 1% milk later in the day. Lunch was 2 slices of light wheat with 2 slices of kraft 2% cheese melted on them. Snacks included apple slices and a sugar free jello (with cool whip). Dinner was sooooo good - we had a garlic ceasar salad with the Perdue shortcuts honey roasted chicken on top, plus a garlic breadstick. I don't really use salad dressing so the whole meal was 370 calories yet it was filling and so good. For dessert we went to Dairy Queen and I was able to have a small chocolate cone with rainbow sprinkles, then a small 100 cal pack of Doritos later that night. I ended the day 30 calories under target yet I was satisfied and not feeling deprived.

So, if I know I can have such a good day, why is it so hard to do that every day? The only negative was no exercise but its been so humid that I haven't been motivated - though, I'm still trying to get my 10,000 steps in. All in all, add in the exercise and more water and this is what I hope to accomplish every day. I know I can do it, but it's getting your head into the "I will do it" thinking that's harder. One day at a time, though....

3 comments:

  1. That was a good food day! I am impressed. I have cut down and watching the junk but have not gotten motivated in my eating to be that strict. I can't wait for the cooler weather, this humidity sucks! My steps have been way down! I am up .5 this week, so I guess I wasn't being as good as I thought and didn't walk nearly enough. Plan on doing the 5k in November and really need to get in shape for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget, though, that you had a big loss last week so sometimes things balance out a bit. Yesterday was funny - by 7:30 pm I had only done 2200 steps for the day, so I went out for a short walk - about 25 minutes. I was almost home when I ran into Karen & John, so I ended up walking again with them (to DD and back home)...so, I ended up walking for 54 minutes and had 9200 steps for the day!! :) But, that's the thing, when the weather is like this you need to go early or late if you want to walk.

    ps: the gym has ac...I'm just saying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true.....I forgot what I weighed in at last week and I thought I stayed the same, then I realized I was up .5, I am OK with that! GYM......what's that? Hvaen't seen it in so long I forget what it looks like on the inside! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete